Get covered your way

Affordable cover from the experts in learner and young driver insurance.

Get started

Why get insured with MyFirstUK?

You want the right level of cover, cheap! That’s where MyFirstUK comes in.

What we offer

  • Experts find you the best deal
  • Specialised insurance for inexperienced drivers
  • Support from a dedicated account manager

Who's covered?

Learner drivers

Practise between lessons for less, with flexible learner driver insurance.

New drivers

Insurance for new drivers can be expensive! Get driving on your budget.

Young drivers

Under 25s can face high premiums. Experts scour the market for the best deals for you.

Trustpilot logo

Midrive is rated 8.8 out of 10 by Trustpilot

Learner insurance

  • Flexible, short-term cover
  • Get covered in someone else’s car or your own
  • Practise for less!

Hybrid learner insurance

  • Covers you from learner to new driver
  • No price increase when you pass
  • Grow your no claims bonus while you learn

Dash cam insurance

  • Save up to 30% on your premiums
  • Prove your innocence in an accident
  • Keep your sense of freedom

On a budget? Pay monthly!

Not in a position to pay all of your insurance up front? You can choose from MyFirstUK’s fantastic finance schemes. Not only that, the initial deposit payments are some of the lowest in the UK.

Common questions

What insurance do I need?

There are three main types of insurance:

1. Third Party

This will only cover you for damage caused to other people (third parties), their car and property. It won’t cover damage to your vehicle.

2. Third Party, Fire and Theft

As well as covering damage caused to other people, this type of insurance will protect you if your vehicle is stolen or lost because of fire.

3. Fully Comprehensive

Fully comprehensive insurance will cover all the protection listed above, and it will also offer you protection against damage to your own vehicle.

Insurance experts will discuss your needs with you, and then help you choose the right type of insurance.

Can you get car insurance with a provisional licence?

Yes, you can get car insurance with a learner’s licence.

During driving lessons with a qualified instructor, you’ll be covered by their instructor insurance. However, if you’re planning on heading out for some private practice between lessons, you’ll need to get car insurance by law!

You’ll only be covered when you’re displaying your L plates and with a suitable supervising driver. This can be anyone 21 and over who’s held a UK driving licence for at least three years.

Bear in mind that some learner insurance providers will have their own rules about who must accompany you as well as the time of day you’re allowed to practice. MyFirstUK will help you to balance out your requirements with your budget to find you the best deal!